Sunday, September 17, 2006

Response to an article about animal rights....!

This is my response to an article published by Richa Bhattarai who wrote the article feeling proud of having meat. It was a long time nearly two years back from now but I think the words of mine aren't dead yet. It is alive and fresh as it was before. So I thought it will be nice to post it in my blog site. I sent this email to kpost@kantipuronline.com.np but didn't published.

Dear Editor,

I like the way in which Richa Bhattarai wrote in her article about eating meat. I am a vegetarian for about a year. I left to eat meat coz I wanted to deduce the percentage of killing animals. This seems impossible to avoid the killing of animals by just avoiding eating meat but help a little bit. She has written that she didn't feel any mercy upon animals when she had meat at home. But want to ask that is she made of iron or stone ? If she is human she mustn' t forget that she is too an animal. I think she must be fully against of Maoists actions of killing innocent people and she must be too against of all kind of violence. But the way she presents the view of her mind in the newpaper seems that she too has a virtual vampire resideing inside her who definitley wants to taste the blood of innocent aniamls. If it is not like that then why she doesn't feel any kind of mercy upon the innocent buffaloes shooted by people. She may think that our ancestors are carnivorous so why should we avoid eating meat? We must not think like that being the people of 21st century because we are now much more educated, sophisticated and higly developed then our meat loving ancestors. In the article I somewhat realise that she feels proud because she is non-veg. Because I have never seen people who argue that eating meat is good from any direction rather that avoiding meat.

Writing all these things may feel that I hate non-veg but it is n't. I mean to say that we must just try follow the path shown by Buddha. The path of non-violence. Violence means not only killing of human by human but also of animals too because they have also equal rights to live in this earth as of human beings. It is very wrong idea to think that being a super animal we can do whatever we want to animals. I think she feels sorry for the human behaviour upon animal from some points but she cannot just avoid eating meat. So this is only her weakness that she can't avoid eating meat. So it is just funny or stupid to write her own weakness over such a famous newpaper letting everyone knowing, making the wonderful web of words. At last I want to suggest all people that if you can't do anything good to animals then plez don't do bad too.

Ashish Lohorung Rai

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Sadhana said...

Hey Ashish!!!

Absolutely wonderful posting !! I totally agree with u. U are very much right.. if people can't do good to animals then they don't have right to do bad also...People should stop killing animals to fullfill their own pleasures..afterall they are human beings not a monster I guess.

September 17, 2006 10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ashish!
Fabulous! Even I am a vegetarian and I strictly don't like animal slaughtering. I think that girl Richa does like ...I love animals..they are so tasty!!!

September 19, 2006 10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ashish!
Fabulous! Even I am a vegetarian and I strictly don't like animal slaughtering. I think that girl Richa does like ...I love animals..they are so tasty!!!


From Rachana.

September 19, 2006 10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks Rachana sis, for commenting me and so keep it going coz it helps in encouragement for me to write.

October 05, 2006 10:39 AM  
Blogger Junkeeri said...

Very interesting. And opiniated, no doubt. But quite unfair.

August 18, 2007 8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashish,

I am quite impressed with your blog, but being honest to you I didn't finish reading till the last line. All these years, for almost a century now, we have been lecturing about this topic that killing animals is equal to killing a living human being and blah blah and blah. And on this blog you've mentioned that you are a vegetarain now. Could I ask you how you used to feel about not being a vegetarian before you became a vegetarian? You know I too wanted to practice vegetarianism about a couple of years back, and I did refrain from eating any non-veg items for quite a long time. But when I used to see all those dozens of shops and street vendors butchering trozens of sheeps, goats, and chickens, and I myself being a non-veg, I just found it unjust. I am not trying to say that for others sake, I eat non-veg. Its not you, me and our families only. Do you understand me?

What do feel when you pick green vegetables from market. We all have studied in our high school that plants too have life. They also live, breathe and grow and grow old and die too. You explain to me how is it fair to have those plants and vegetables chopped, cooked and eaten? You know its not just about committing to your own self that you are now a pure vegeterian adn you stop consuming meat and other flesh products, but I THINK ITS ABOUT HOW YOU PRACTICE IT. I am a non-veg, but I donot kill animals by myself to fill my stomach. Not eating the meat doesn't just mean that one is vegetarian.

January 13, 2008 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Hello Everyone! This is the place where you can place your comments. Comments are the only thing that encourages a writer to post more blogs. So please leave your comments.

<< Home