Friday, March 30, 2007

A girl with a blue earring

As always, that day I was in hurry to my college. I was walking on the way; my eyes got stopped in a earring which was lying in the middle of the road. Quickly I picked it up. I thought whether anybody was watching me or not only after picking it up. I relaxed nobody was watching because it was an early morning. I moved forward. I dropped it in my right hand pocket of my jacket. I was walking and my hand was inside my pocket which was holding that earring.

I was thinking who might have dropped it may be the girl of my same age because I see many girls of my age wearing such type of earring. I remembered a movie which I watched recently by that earring. The movie's title was' A girl with a pearl earring' and the actress was Scarlett Johansson. Only one earring was used in that movie.

I reached my college. I was holding it inside my pocket. Although I was very curious to see I didn't see it. The class was running and my hand was still holding that earring. As soon as the class was over I showed to my friends but they reacted passively may be they didn't hear me. I kept it in the same pocket. All the classes were over so I returned back home.

I watched it carefully. The earring was a circle earring of metal. A bell was there in the middle of the circle. The forward and backward of bell was decorated by some kind of steel golden flowers and plastic blue beads. There were seven different blue beads hanging in the bell. There were also five different blue beads hanging in those seven blue beads. I thought two beads were lost out of seven beads.

I showed to my mother. She said it is very beautiful and will be more beautiful if it is made out of gold. I showed to my sister and she too said it was beautiful and remembered her own earring which she took out from her jewellery box and put it herself and in the mean time I was writing the story of ' A girl with a blue earring' wearing that blue earring.

Written By: Arati Lohorung Rai
Painting Photo Source: http://www.kornea.com

From Blogger's Side: Arati is my younger sister. She is doing her Bachelor in Mass Communication and Media. She likes flowers, korean films, photography and documentaries. She aims to be a top photo journalist.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems you got the blues over the blue earring !! It must have belonged to a smurf !! :)

April 01, 2007 3:44 PM  
Blogger archana said...

ashish, first all of you have very beautiful sis, congratulation. she seems so simple and innocent. i have already read her earring article. its so nice. pls tell her to open own blog hai.

if she don't know to open the blog you need to teach her. i can see, she has lots of petential to express herself. as usual am in hurry. bye take care.

April 01, 2007 5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

archana sis .really thanks for that cute comment and i am telling her from a long time to open blogsite. she sometimes writes but not alwasys . i am encouragin to her to write..thanks again..

April 02, 2007 1:02 PM  
Blogger archana said...

ok great. keep pushing her...

:)

April 02, 2007 1:35 PM  
Blogger Salik Shah said...

think about Archanaji's words- a blog would be a good starting point for her career as a photojournalist and media person.

April 04, 2007 1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear salik ji, thanks a lot for your comment. being communications person you have enough knowledge to guide a person like her and i think a small comment will make a big changes to them. so great work and lots of thanks.

April 04, 2007 11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, for some strange reason the comment that I posted a few moments ago couldn't get through. So reposting it below with a quick clarification: While commenting I had taken that the article was written by Ashish not by Arati. That is why my comment sounds to be addressed to Ashish. So would like to add another 'Keep it up!' to Arati as well.

>Loved reading story and, as it ended, was taken by surprise to discover it was a story. Impressive way of expressing and very creative. The usage of two photos, especially the first one, made me imagine that the girl was actually the owner of the ring that you found on the street. I join in with others above in encouraging your sister to find ways of expressing herself as well. Keep it up!

April 11, 2007 12:11 PM  
Blogger Ashish Lohorung Rai said...

dinesh dai, i am really happy to read your comments and i am damn sure that arati will be much happier coz she is interested in journalism. this comment will definitely blow breathe to her world. and i am really excited to give her this message to her. and to tell this post is the most commented in my whole posting. though i don't know the reason i am some kind of jealous..ha ha just kidding...cheers to u...n keep commenting...

April 11, 2007 4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want to thank a lot to all for commenting so positively. i am so glad to receive such kind comments from archana didi, dinesh dai and salik ji.i hadn't thought before, this article would get such nice comments.Actually i had written this article in nepali at first.then i translated in english to post in ashish's blog. so i thought the story is little bit different than original one because my english vocabulary is very poor.anyways i am also thinking of opening a new blogsite. the difficult part that stops me is i am computer illitrate. and if i have to do any work in computer i have to ask somebody frequently for
help which bores other people. even i have to ask again and again for the same process.
suppose burning the cd and installing differnt softwares.
lastly
happy new year of 2064

April 16, 2007 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Hello Everyone! This is the place where you can place your comments. Comments are the only thing that encourages a writer to post more blogs. So please leave your comments.

<< Home